As our first Reconciliation Controller reporting to our VP of Finance you’ll be a key part of the finance team. You’ll be responsible for establishing the reconciliation function and related operations (e.g reconciliation of payments ledger, oversight of float accounts, merchant reporting, statements). You will also support the management of our liquidity flows over float accounts and multi-currency channels, whilst continuously nurturing our relationships with our Financial Services partners.
You will have the opportunity to evolve in a dynamic environment, taking the lead on day-to-day reconciliation operations whilst also playing a key role in the development of core automation projects to shape the continuous enhancement of our finance and operations function and support our very ambitious growth objectives.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Establishing overseeing and coordinating the full reconciliation process
- Introducing and upholding best practice in reconciliation and operational finance function. Challenging and working towards development and continuous improvement of reconciliation procedures, policies, management controls and reporting
- Identifying, auditing and challenging unusual financial movements or discrepancies during the reconciliation process
- Driving the continuous development of in-house reconciliation systems, costing models, financial reporting projects, encouraging automation wherever possible
- Investigating and addressing in a timely manner any financial queries and issues related to our reconciliation and operational finance function coming from banking partners, merchants, business partners and credit card schemes
- Maintaining and developing relationships with banks, schemes and FX partners to drive value to the business
- Authorising all payments to merchants in a timely manner
- Overseeing the preparation of statements to our merchants
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 5+ years' total experience working in reconciliations and operational finance in Payments and/or Financial Services
- You have hands-on experience in a high-volume reconciliations environment
- You have solid payment and currencies knowledge
- You have meticulous attention to detail
- You are able identify risk within an operational finance setup
- You have outstanding analytical and quantitative aptitude
- You are confident dealing with senior stakeholders across the business, external partners and owning your work with minimal hands-on management
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.