Senior Python Backend Developer
Department: Data Science
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
As part of this team, you would be working on developing microservices in order to serve our models, build ETL pipelines in order to serve our data warehouse with the possibility to grow into a Lead position.
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
The data science team performs most of its work in Python. We use libraries such as sklearn, xgboost, keras, spacy, prophet . We value high quality in the work that we do and ensure reproducibility by using git, S3 and Docker. We aim to make data access simple by writing SQL queries against our Redshift data-warehouse or by building our own ETL processes using Airflow. Our models are deployed in dockerized microservices or streaming applications.
We work closely together with the frontend teams, who have developed an amazing UX in our ios, android and webapps, in order to ensure that we track our customer interactions. The backend team wrote amazing APIs that we can use in order to access the various data sources within Tide. The DevOps team supports us in building deployment pipelines.
Lastly, we are in close collaboration with various business teams in order to ensure that our efforts don’t remain academic but help the business to grow and prosper.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- Extensive development experience in Python, including development of microservices using e.g. Flask, Django etc.
- Experience developing and architecting distributed systems
- Experience in designing and operating a streaming platform (eg. Kafka, Flink, Spark)
- High development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Business-level of English and good communication skills
- Experience with Git
The highly desirables:
- Experience working in an event-driven or event-sourced environment
- Experience working with AWS Cloud services in the Big Data field
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience productionizing Machine learning algorithms
- BTech from premier institute
- Experience with Bash and Linux
- Experience with monitoring and debugging production systems
- Extensive experience in working with Databases
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in London, Sofia and in Hyderabad with a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.