Senior System Administrator
You’ll be entrepreneurial and will work with a talented global team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Reporting to the Head of InfraOps, you will be a qualified systems engineer and will have a background in IT Sys Admin, Cloud Native implementations, with an infrastructure as code mindset.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
The main purpose of the role is to implement, administer and maintain all Cloud Infrastructure related technologies within Tide, while also providing 3rd line support functions to the Service Desk and Support Teams.
- Delivering projects within the Corporate IT and Infrastructure space, implementing new technologies, improving existing practices, integrating the multiples of SaaS applications with Tide systems
- Providing 3rd line systems and application level support to end users
- Analysing problems, answer questions and provide training on IT Systems
- Implementing automation and integration of security best practices in to relating to the IT Infrastructure, by developing tools and code where out of the box isn’t available
- Implementing automation of periodic maintenance tasks relating to the IT Infrastructure and systems in conjunction with the wider Infrastructure team
- Identifying, test, and implement workarounds for reported issues
- Providing project updates for assigned project deliverables
- Creating and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented projects and work within an ITIL focussed environment
- Monitoring and troubleshoot network related issues
- Identifying and automate mundane tasks
You’ll be a great fit if:
If you are a self starter and have a mindset to deliver tools and software to drive automation.
- You have a practical level of experience implementing and administering network and security
- You have experience with Microsoft Modern management (inTune)
- You have experience with Jamf Pro Management
- You have strong AWS Experience – Workspaces, Appstream, VPC, EC2
- You have experience with Cisco networking and unified comms
- You have experience with automation flows and systems to help implement these, e.g. ServiceNow
- You have experience with Powershell/BASH scripting experience
- You have previous experience automating tasks with coding languages such as Python, Ruby or Pearl
- You have experience with Okta, (or other SSO, Auth provider) implementing applications and automating onboarding, offboarding and provisioning tasks.
- You have experience or knowledge based around next gen security tooling defined around zero trust networking
- You have experience with backup technologies
- You have experience with solutions that utilise TCPIP-based services:- DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP etc.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid leave & WFH days
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office (when we're back there)
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.