Senior Talent Partner
Department: People & Culture
As a Senior Talent Partner you will be the principal recruiter for Tide’s United Kingdom operations, responsible for all aspects of the recruitment across our existing and growing teams and areas in the United Kingdom. Relying on your expertise, you’ll use creative search techniques to generate a pipeline from a variety of channels, give recommendations, and help improve our strategy to attract the right people for Tide and oversee the end-to-end process – CV prescreening, interviewing, stakeholder management, and promoting internal initiatives to drive referrals. You will also ensure that recruitment technology is leveraged and kept up to date, and that the candidate experience is best in class.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning the end to end hiring process for your roles, operating as a partner to hiring managers across the business and building a personal brand as a trusted advisor
- Identifying and managing diverse candidates throughout the hiring process, from initial contact through offer acceptance and raising the offer
- Developing sourcing strategies to attract and maintain top talent. We love new ideas and we are eager to hear yours!
- Coaching hiring managers to improve the offer acceptance rate, and full-cycle recruiting in its entirety
- Maintaining data integrity in our ATS to report on recruitment data and metrics to ensure scalability of our recruitment strategies
- Having a bit of fun with us along the way. It's challenging but also hugely rewarding. We are on an incredible journey to save our members time and money!
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Share options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 5+ years of hiring experience, preferably in a fast-growing fintech, tech or financial services business
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills
- You are passionate about candidate experience and delivering an exceptional service to stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience utilising a variety of recruitment tools, and keeping yourself up to date with the latest talent attraction trends.
- You have proven ability to hit and/or exceed targets, your performance is visible in hiring numbers (and quality)
- You are resilient, tenacious and have the ability to juggle conflicting and multiple priorities
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.