Staff Web Engineer (Angular 2+)
You’ll be entrepreneurial and an expert within a marketplace business, someone who is very familiar with the dynamics of marketplace platforms. You’ll also have the seniority and experience to build a team. You’ll be able to bring the vision to life whilst playing a leading role within Tide’s product team. Working alongside experienced product professionals and hand in hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers, and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working on our new and existing products for our Business Areas. We have a busy roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features, thus you'll be solving interesting problems.
- Functionally leading a team and being the person whom less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality.
- Contributing to development as a hands-on coder.
- Becoming part of one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- Joining our Web Community of Practice and providing your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Flexible working options and WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
You’ll be a great fit if you have
- You have 8+ years of industry experience, in which at least 5 of them are focused on web development. Decent experience in Angular2+, RxJS, and NgRx.
- You have previous tech leading experience and desire to guide and mentor less experienced developers when needed.
- You have solid experience in using testing tools such as Jest and Cypress or similar. Experience in code reviews and writing tests.
- You have an understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, design patterns, and Mobile architecture.
- You have a good grasp of RESTFul web services.
- You have experience with JIRA, CI/CD knowledge and Version control with GIT
- You have a good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- You have experience in Agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban.
- You are comfortable working with legacy code whilst proactive at pushing the technology approach and choice forward.
- You are open to learning and working with other technologies.
- You are experienced in highly modularised applications.
- You are well-versed in IT security, with a good understanding of security best practices for mobile app development.
- You have created or worked on highly-rated apps with a large number of downloads.
- You are experienced in functional reactive programming and pair programming.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.