Vulnerable Members Associate
Department: Member Support
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale-up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
You’ll have experience handling complex customer situations (preferably in an FCA-regulated environment). Previous experience of dealing with complex and difficult customers, understanding vulnerability and are aware of FCA guidelines about vulnerable customers. We are on the lookout for people who challenge the status quo and think outside of the box to help and deliver a seamless and barrier free journey for our members.
The Vulnerable Member Team is responsible for managing customers in vulnerable situations. The team are highly skilled and trained to manage a variation of circumstances from ill health to mental capacity whilst empowered to agree tailored solutions for our customers, providing support and peace of mind. You will be responsible for providing support to vulnerable customers who require tailored solutions due to personal circumstances while protecting the reputation of Tide by getting things right and in line with our Member First approach.
As a Vulnerable Members Associate, you'll be:
- Handling queries from members who may be classed a vulnerable or who are at risk of becoming vulnerable
- Maintaining fairness and consistency
- Preventing escalations where possible
- You must make use of phone calls to enable swift and remedial actions when necessary
What makes you a great fit:
- You demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You demonstrate excellent written English skills
- You possess effective problem solving skills and attention to detail
- You are empathetic and work well with others
- You are committed to cooperative and collaborative working
Some nice to haves:
- Knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and FCA’s principles around vulnerable customers
- Understanding of CRM – i.e Zendesk, Kustomer, Salesforce,
- You understand complaint handling regulatory requirements for the UK financial services
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for up to 90 days a year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.