Head of Risk and Compliance – India
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As the Head of Risk & Compliance at Tide you will be responsible for leading the Risk and Compliance team in India. Reporting to the VP Risk and Compliance and MLRO in London, you will be the lead for all matters risk and compliance in India, including embedding our risk management framework and global policies, creating India-specific policies and risk assessments to ensure we’re applying a risk-based approach to our risks.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work across the whole India business while we build, launch and grow Tide in India. You’ll need to be happy getting stuck in and in the detail, whilst also strategically planning as we grow and scale. In addition to working very closely with the VP Risk and Compliance, you’ll be dealing with stakeholders across Tide, working very closely with the CEO and senior management in India too, with plenty of opportunity to make a great impact on Tide.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building on our risk and compliance framework, and adapting it for India where necessary, complementary to our principles and culture
- Taking overall responsibility for the advice, management and development of risk and compliance systems in India
- Supporting the VP Risk and Compliance and India Senior Management team in the implementation of risk and compliance matters in India
- Managing the Risk and Compliance department, from recruitment to providing leadership, development and supervision to the team
- Working closely with our banking partners in India to build out processes and policies, manage their oversight, and report where necessary
- Maintaining regulatory standards (including reporting obligations) and be the Tide point of contact for all regulatory bodies within India
- Developing and maintaining risk assessments and a continuous and robust risk management framework
- Identifying emerging business risks and work with the business to manage or mitigate them
- Forming and running the Risk and Compliance Committee in India, feeding the output into the Global Risk and Compliance Committee
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators to determine elevations in risk, and proactively implement risk mitigation measures
- Identifying key risk and compliance training needs, and the co-ordination of staff training delivery and record-keeping across the India business
- Managing the successful delivery of compliance projects, ensuring technical excellence across all business operations
- Managing investigations related to breaches or errors within compliance
- Keeping up to date with sector knowledge by attending training events and other events that will keep your knowledge sharp.
You’ll be a great fit if you possess the below attributes:
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience in Risk and Compliance at a senior level within a Financial Services environment
- You have a proven experience in a leadership function
- You have an excellent knowledge of the India regulatory environment and how to apply that in a risk-based approach to a new but growing business
- You have a passion for risk management, building the right culture, and ensuring collaboration with the UK Risk and Compliance team
- You have an experience managing and effectively utilising a budget
- You have a professional qualification in a compliance or risk management discipline (would be preferred if you have)
- You have an excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have an ability to challenge a variety of stakeholders effectively, including senior management, regulators, banking partners
- You are highly-analytical with strong attention to detail
- You have a creative problem-solving skills
- You have an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, escalating where necessary
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Family medical Insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your development with individual L&D
- Flexible working options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice