Senior Manager Recruitment (Lead)
Department: People & Culture
As a Senior Manager Recruitment (Lead Talent Partner as we call it at Tide), you will be driving Tide’s hypergrowth for India. Reporting to the Head of Global Talent Acquisition, you will be leading a high-performance recruiting team to hire top talent at speed. You will deliver strategies to improve our recruiting operations at scale, strengthen our inclusion practices, and supercharge Tide’s employer brand. People are the lifeblood of our success and you will play a key role in pushing us to the next level.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Leading a relentless and high-performing talent partner team (Tech +non tech)
- Delivering on ambitious hiring objectives (we’ve committed to hire 1000+ Tideans in India alone)
- Operationalizing the recruiting processes for scale
- Creating an excellent experience for candidates and hiring managers
- Partnering with the People and PR teams to deliver a cohesive employer brand strategy
- Driving diversity initiatives
- Collaborating on departmental talent strategy, staying on top of trends and pipeline activity and acting as a talent advisor to the leadership
- Maintaining recruiting dashboards and maintaining data integrity across our recruiting software
- Managing the recruiting budget, the job portal subscription and effectiveness, agency relationships and recruiting systems
- Living and breathing our values and embedding our values across the organization
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 25 days paid holidays
- Family medical Insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Learning & Development budget
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive Share Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 9+ years of talent acquisition experience (ideally including at scale-ups), with 3+ years of experience managing a team of talent partners
- You are an inspiring and dynamic recruiting leader
- You are excited by the challenges of the hypergrowth environment (hiring 500+ individuals a year)
- You have a proven track record in driving vital business outcomes
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the detail when needed
- You are a strong systems thinker and have excellent analytical and project management skills
- You believe that diversity and inclusion are key to company success and have experience with leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals
- You have proven success working with internal and external partners
- You’ve built an established and well-regarded global employer brand
- You are a perpetual operations optimiser
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.