Senior Project Manager – Finance & IT Transformation
As a Senior Project Manager – Finance & IT Transformation, you’ll be a systems and processes upgrade expert playing a vital role in implementing and shaping systems and processes for Tide’s Finance and People teams. It’s exciting times here at Tide, we are scaling and developing our product offering at a phenomenal rate! Having made our first step into our ambitious plans towards international expansion with our move into the Indian SME marketplace, we need someone to own IT transformation projects and implement world class finance and people systems.
Things you’ll be doing:
- Owning and developing the vision and strategy for upgrading Tide’s financial processes, systems, and controls – ensuring they are scalable, automated, cost effective, and aligned to the needs of stakeholders across all departments at Tide
- Project management for the upcoming ERP, FP&A, HR management and various other system implementations
- Monitoring systems, data, internal processes, industry trends and identifying value creation opportunities to maximise potential of the departments and help build financial reporting, FP&A, and operational teams of the future
- Ownership of operational and commercial relationships with software partners
- Constant assessment of opportunities to drive improvements to systems and processes
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Dental insurance
- Additional health insurance
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
You’ll be a great fit if:
- 5+ years of programme management and/or systems implementations experience in an industry setting, ideally within Fintech
- You have deep knowledge of Netsuite and/or Workday
- You have extensive experience in leading finance/people teams through large scale change programmes including the implementation of ERP systems
- You have a strong level of experience in partner/vendor and senior stakeholder management and influencing
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You have an accounting qualification
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.